Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Caption It


I see the well oiled, if not oily, Wilpon p/r machine is doing its' usual bang up job. First of all, thanks to Flushing University, I read an article where Fred Wilpon admitted that he 'messed up' Willie Randolph's firing. Oh, Fred baby, don't be so hard on yourself. Just because you treated Randolph with total contempt, and thought you could pull a fast one on the NY Media doesn't mean you messed up. It probably means that you are a fool.


A Real Estate executive, who owns a major league baseball team, in one of the premier media markets, and does not know that a 3 Am press release will annoy the NY media? Oh come on, it's like Captain Smith saying, with his last breath, 'guess I should have read those iceberg warnings'. The damage has been done, so suck it up and deal with it.


Furthermore, I sense the Mets' spin cycle is giving John Maine's injury the silent treatment. Maybe if they ignore it, the injury will go away. Perhaps if they ignore the Marlins and the Phillies, they too will go away, along with the NY Press corps, and those annoying middle class Mets fans who have the nerve to want to attend the same ballgames as their employers.


I'd like the Mets to win the NL East, but I wish the Wilpons would behave like adults. Hey, I wish Prince Albert of Monaco would marry me, or Calgon would take me away, but it ain't gonna happen--not in this universe.


Like the lady in this print, I agree that "Hope Deferred maketh the heart sick".

No comments: